Install this when you are messing around with custom ROMs if you want to have powerful backup features. This is deemed to be a necessary pre-requisite to install custom ROM but is not required always. Like installing CyanogenMod with CyanogenMod installation shall also Stock Firmware install ClockworkMod Recovery (CWM). Following guides for this and continue using the stock android system if you want backup features. This is very important; you need to get a hold on stock recovery for the device, for this you need to get the stock firmware of the device and after this extract the same. About every major OEM uploads firmware on their official website, therefore go to their site and get the appropriate file for your device.
- Read Me Once
Stock Firmware process will affect your Xiaomi Redmi Pro phone data like images, videos, and files.
- When you purchase through links in our articles, we may earn a small commission.
- It is used to communicate with any device that runs the Android operating system.
- This is somewhat the same as flashing custom ROM like CyanogenMod but in spite of replacing the device’s Android OS, it replaces the recovery environment.
- Im planning on trying out MIUI for a week, but from my previous experiences with it, it feels like knock off android.
- The first feature of the latest Xiaomi stock ROMs is their ability to provide users with an optimized and smooth user experience.
As the official recovery takes time to be built, the enthusiasts are ready to give try unofficial versions during the time of wait. However, what if you do not need this and wish to go back to stock recovery? We hope this guide will help you install custom ROMs on any Android phone using the ADB sideload command. If you like this article, then please share it on your social media platforms. Finally, if you face any difficulty, then kindly drop a comment below. A. To install MIUI Fastboot ROM on a Linux or Mac PC, open the Terminal inside the ROM folder and issue the following command.
If you own a Redmi Note 4, Redmi Note 3, Mi5, Mi6, etc. then you won’t get such prompt and would directly boot into TWRP. Here we show you how to install Mi Flash Tool on a Windows PC and the basic functionality of using Mi Flash Tool to flash Xiamoi Fastboot files.
- Xiaomi Europe or Xiaomi EU is a custom ROM, this project had been introduced in 2010.
- Most Android phone makers sell their phones with locked bootloaders, and unlocking the bootloader will almost always invalidate your warranty.
- We have shared the official Xiaomi Redmi Note 11 Stock ROM Firmware (Flash File) on this page.
Once you have downloaded the ROM, transfer it to your device. If you have a memory card, it is recommended to transfer it there. However, if you don’t have it, then you may transfer it to the phone memory itself. If the flashing guide could not help you, please download Mi PC Suite. Step.7 Now you have to select the location of Mobile Firmware in the Flash Tool. And to select Flash All Except Data Bat in the right side below.